Northwest Pharmacy Services (NWPS) is firmly committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal and medical information. When you submit information using the NWPS website, we ask for only the information required to meet your needs. Please understand that, when submitting information, you are providing that information on a voluntary basis. We have developed the following practices and policies to safeguard your information.
Your Non-Personal InformationWhen you visit the NWPS Web site, we may collect non-personal information from you, such as the Internet browser or computer operating system you are using. We use this information only to provide you with better service connections and improved Web sites. We will not sell or disclose non-personal information to other companies or organizations.
Your Personal InformationWhen you register for a NWPS service, you may voluntarily provide us with personal information, such as your name and e-mail address. When personal information is combined with health or medical status information, we refer to it as "health-related personal information." Unless otherwise stated at the time of collection, NWPS will not sell or disclose your personal or health-related personal information to other companies or organizations. NWPS will use your personal and health-related personal information for only the following purposes:
- We will manage your prescription benefits and process your prescription drug claims. This process may involve sharing certain information with you or your doctor, pharmacist, health plan or plan administrator. These disclosures are made in full accordance with the terms of your benefit plan.
- We will process and send you orders through our contracted Mail Service Pharmacy if you elect Home Delivery (If you are interested in home Delivery, please call 1-800-998-2611 for information).
- At your request, we may send you information regarding health conditions, medicines, or promotional offers.
- At the request of you or your health plan, we may send you information or contact you regarding programs designed to improve your health.
- NWPS also reserves the right to use your personal or health-related personal information to generate aggregate data (summarized data that does not identify you) for the following purposes:
- NWPS is always seeking better ways to serve you. We may perform statistical analyses of the traffic patterns, site usage and behaviors associated with our Web sites.
- NWPS analyzes utilization information in the aggregate to study outcomes, costs, and provider profiles, and to suggest benefit designs for your employer or health plan.
Sale or Transfer of Information in the Event of Merger, Sale, or BankruptcyNWPS considers the information obtained through its Web sites to be significant assets of NWPS. As a result, in the event NWPS is acquired, merges with another entity, becomes insolvent and/or declares bankruptcy, the Web sites, and any information obtained through them, may be transferred or sold to another entity, in accordance with applicable law.
E-mail PrivacyYou can use our Web sites to send an e-mail inquiry to NWPS, which may result in a reply being sent to an e-mail address that you provide. Responses sent from the NWPS customer service team to your e-mail provider may not be secure or may be intercepted by third parties. By using the e-mail service, you accept the risk of transmitting information from NWPS to your personal e-mail address in an unsecured environment. If you are receiving e-mail correspondence at an employer's e-mail address, please note that, under law, the employer may be permitted to view the contents of any e-mail messages received at this address. If you are concerned about the confidentiality of your e-mail messages, you may wish to use an alternate e-mail account.
Usage by ChildrenOur Web site is neither intended nor designed to attract users who are minor children. Furthermore, NWPS has no intention of collecting personal information from minor children. Where appropriate, we specifically instruct minor children not to submit such information without the consent of a parent or guardian.
CookiesWhen you view our Web sites, we may store information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a " cookie" or similar file and may be used to improve our Web sites, advertisements, products or services. With most Internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser's instructions or online help files to learn more about these functions.
Links to Other SitesNWPS's Web site may include links to other sites that are not related to, or are not the property of, NWPS. We are not responsible for the dependability or information security of these other sites, and the policies in our Security/Privacy Statement pertain only to NWPS's Web site.
Security MeasuresTo ensure the security of your personal and health-related personal information, NWPS's Web site supports Web browsers that use 128-bit encryption. While such browsers are not required to use NWPS's Web site, we strongly recommend their usage when viewing or entering information. As an added security precaution, all personal and health-related personal information is kept on a physically separate server with firewalls that meet or exceed industry standards to prevent intruders from gaining access.